Intake Assessment and Triage, Walking Together IFS (Intensive Family Services)
- Full-Time (76 fortnightly hours), Fixed Term contract until 30 June 2023
- $73,447 per annum pro rata + Super + Leave Loading + Salary Packaging
- Located in Hindmarsh
- Employed by Relationships Australia South Australia
About the Program
Walking Together (Western Intensive Family Services) is a culturally responsive, trauma-informed, assertive outreach service providing intensive and targeted support to families with multiple and complex needs, who are referred via the Pathway referral system of Department of Human Services.
Walking Together is a partnership between RASA, Uniting Care Wesley Bowden (UCWB), Kornar Winmil Yunti (KWY) and Bookyana who have been providing innovative family support services in the City of Charles Sturt, City of Port Adelaide, Enfield and City of West Torrens and will now combine to bring an intensive support service to families in the Western suburbs. The Walking Together Team are able to access appropriate resources and service support for families from across the four agencies.
RASA is the lead agency within the partnership and the team of Family Practitioners will be employed across the partnership agencies and will be supported by Walking Together Manager and an Intake, Assessment and Referral worker, with all team members based at RASA, Hindmarsh.
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do. Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, helping people to overcome difficulties and bring about positive change in their lives. We offer services for families, couples and individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
About the role
The Intake, Assessment and Triage position will triage client referrals and assist clients to identify issues and work closely with the Manager and Western IFS Case Managers to facilitate appropriate and timely allocation of clients and referral to appropriate services.
- Tertiary qualifications (AQF level 7) in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or Social Services or less formal qualifications with three or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with children and parents dealing with the impact of trauma caused by violence, abuse and neglect, and co-morbid factors of alcohol and substance misuse, mental health challenges.
- Experience in assessment, risk screening, case planning and review.
- Experience in collaborative case management and effective interagency liaison.
- Experience in delivering services to children and families at risk of entering the child protection system.
- Experience in providing collaborative case management and working with interagency networks supporting children and families at risk.
- Experience working with families with infants and young children including families from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- A Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance.
- Further qualifications in Case Management, Social Work, Psychology or related disciplines.
- Experience in program development, client outcomes monitoring and reporting.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Deanna Rohrsheim on 08 8245 8185.
Closing Date: 9:00 am, Monday 17th May 2021
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer.