People & Development Advisor
- City-based role near South Terrace tram stop, full time ongoing
- Salary + Super + Salary Packaging (to increase your take home pay and includes benefits for relocating from other regions)*
- Fantastic opportunity to join a leading community-based, not-for-profit organisation
We do HR differently, we have impact and bring meaning to the work that we do, and we celebrate the differences that we bring to our work.
You’re welcome at RASA
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do.
As a successful candidate, you will be joining an inclusive and welcoming culture. RASA values are Diversity, Respect, Belonging and Learning and this is reflected in the way we work and treat each other. Our teams embrace people from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, sexual and gender identities. We understand that your relationships are important, so we believe in being flexible, where possible, to support you to balance your work and personal commitments.
Who are we looking for?
Our team has been through a time of transformation as long-term members have moved on to pursue their next senior roles, and we have recruited new team members. With most of our team now filled, we're looking for our final team member to join us as an Advisor.
We are a diverse and welcoming team, so bring your whole self - someone that will challenge the norm and be focused on achieving the best outcome with high attention to detail. You’ll be successful in our work by having strong teamwork skills, effective communication, and a curiosity to learn and grow.
This is an exciting opportunity for building on your established HR career. We have successfully supported multiple team members to learn and practice what they need to progress their career.
What you will be doing
- Work with RASA leaders to advise on the strategic HR needs of the organisation, and support decision making on people matters.
- Undertake project work across a range of domains, including:
- Performance (including learning and development tasks like training needs analysis, position design, records maintenance, and management of complex underperformance matters);
- Talent (including recruitment tasks like best practices in selection and retention, talent pipeline development, and succession planning); and
- Safety & Wellbeing (including wellbeing support, system development, committee participation, and serious incident management).
- Facilitate accurate approvals and documentation for employment decisions and offers (including position descriptions and rationales), within a fortnightly start date cycle.
- Guide performance coaching and misconduct matters, grievances that have been raised with positions up to Grade 6, and employee fitness-for-work matters.
For more information you can read the full Position Description
To be successful in this role
For this position, ideally you will have:
- A Bachelor degree (AQF level 7) in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other relevant discipline (or significant progress in working towards completion).
- Demonstrated experience working in administration of employment matters.
- Experience of HR in a variety of industries.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating health and safety matters.
- Demonstrated experience supporting leaders around performance coaching and misconduct.
- Experience in recruitment and selection processes.
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Accreditation as a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex Return to Work SA Claims.
- Experience of enterprise bargaining.
- Experience of working with unions or other industrial representatives.
- Project management skills.
If this sounds like you, or 80% of your background does, then we’d love to hear from you.
The services provided at RASA sites mean that our employees need to follow some specific requirements:
- A satisfactory DHS working with children check
- A satisfactory National Criminal History check
- COVID vaccination (If you can’t comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstance.)
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Sarah Perdana, Manager P&D on 08 8330 3125.
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer.